Physics 2 at Community College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefullymedschool

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all- as the title of this post suggests, is it okay to take Physics 2 at my local community college over the summer? Is this advised against or looked down upon? Physics 2 at my school is notoriously difficult, and it would help my schedule out a ton if I could take Physics 2 over the summer.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all- as the title of this post suggests, is it okay to take Physics 2 at my local community college over the summer? Is this advised against or looked down upon? Physics 2 at my school is notoriously difficult, and it would help my schedule out a ton if I could take Physics 2 over the summer.

Is there a lower tier Physics 2 course at your school? Many schools have a physics sequence designed specifically for premeds that involves less math.

Is it possible to take a summer physics 2 class at a 4 year university in your hometown?

BTW, physics 2 tends to be harder than physics 1 and many struggle with it.

Assume CC Physics II is as hard as Physics II at your University. Are you confident you can get an A in an accelerated version over the summer? If so, then do it. If not, it could hurt you. CC courses have a reputation of being less rigorous, but that isn't a rule you can count on. Getting a B at CC looks worse than a B at your Uni no matter the circumstances.

Reactions: 1 user