Physics and O.Chem together?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

incisorco12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really messed up my freshman year and was wondering if it would be smart to take physics and o.chem together along with my other history classes. (I am a history major) it seems like a lot but for financial reasons I need to graduate in 4 years. Thanks. If you could rate how hard these classes were for you that would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

I really messed up my freshman year and was wondering if it would be smart to take physics and o.chem together along with my other history classes. (I am a history major) it seems like a lot but for financial reasons I need to graduate in 4 years. Thanks. If you could rate how hard these classes were for you that would be helpful!
I hope not for my sake these are the courses I am taking for the 2010-2011 academic year. Just go to war with your classes!

FALL 2010
College Physics I Organic Chemistry I + L Calculus Life&Mgmt Sci. A ProfessionalDevelopment Medicinal Plants
SPRING 2011

Organic Chemistry II + L College Physics IICalculus Lif&Mngmt Sci. B Learning Elective
Life Science Elective

Have O.Chem/Physics/Elective.

What should I drop in their for the fourth class hmm....

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Assuming you take Orgo and physics together and assuming both of your professors are not easy. Expect to study 2-3 hours each day after each lecture. So for example if your orgo class meets up 2x a week, and 2x a week for physics, expect to put 8-12 hours every week JUST for these 2 courses.

These classes are only hard if you let s*** pile up till the last weekend before the test, if you do this and you have hard professors, don't expect to land a grade higher than a C..... On the other hand, if you review your lecture material after EVERY lecture for a couple of hours (2-3), review problems solved in class and try some out from the book on your own, your going to do great in the class (B+ minimum IMO)

I'm taking Ochem 1, and Physics 2 right now, along with statistics and physics lab (not orgo lab). I'm average intelligence, work part-time, am involved with student-organizations and am still managing pretty well.

I spend a lot of my free time studying for Ochem, and tend to neglect my other classes, but only because I can get away with it and still manage A's. You might not have a social life, but it's a reasonable price to pay for graduating on time (considering your circumstances).

My favorite class is Ochem right now...absolutely <3 it. Definitely getting straight A's this semester.

Don't be intimidated by ochem; just spend some quality time alone together and you'll become best buddies. Good luck. :thumbup: