Physics and the mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UoT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My last physics class was grade 11 university physics, which i got a final mark of 76 in. Since then i have never taken a physics course, including in uni. To prepare for the mcat i am planning on studying from the available books, as well as taking a prep course. Inorder to get a better under standing of physics, i think i am going to follow the online lecutes for the summer pysics course for my uni. The reason i didnt not enroll in the summer class is that i dont want it to bring down my gpa. Also i did not take the prereq for it which is calc, will this make it difficult for me to follow along to the lectures? Btw i am entering my first year of university.

Members don't see this ad.

If you're entering the first year of university, why are you worrying about the mcat? You'll eventually have to take the courses. Don't worry about it until later.

i'm planning on doing it the summer after second year, so i think it's quite appropriate for me to start worrying about it now, otherwise i wont be prepared when the time comes.

i'm planning on doing it the summer after second year, so i think it's quite appropriate for me to start worrying about it now, otherwise i wont be prepared when the time comes.

It would be very wise to complete all of the premed science courses before taking the MCAT. Worrying has never helped anyone.