Physics at a CC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pshoover

Reaction score
Hey, guys. I was wondering if I can take physics at community college? I know I shouldn't and it's frowned upon by most schools to take a pre-req at a CC, but I've just heard that physics is hell at A&M and I'm worried it will drop my GPA. Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

yes you can

Reactions: 1 user
Most importantly work hard and get a good grade, make sure you do your practice problems.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn’t matter where you take your courses, the grade is of only importance as well as some dental schools not accepting community college credits in general.

I took almost all of my prereqs at our local community college. I actually found my classes at the CC harder than some of the university classes I took. Dental schools know that colleges/professors offer varying levels of difficulty, which is why the DAT is the more standard metric. If you have a 3.1 GPA but a 27 in the DAT, that's gonna look a lot better than the university student with a 4.0 and a 17 DAT score.

TLDR: Where you got your credits matters to a very select few schools (maybe around 3?). I wouldn't worry about it and just do research ahead of time on where not to apply to save money.