Physics cc courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

floatingribs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm in the middle of changing my major (nursing to BME), but need to take physics at a cc to ensure I don't add a whole year. I would take it at my state university but I really don't have the time to travel an hour and half one way to take the two classes.

How bad would this hurt my future app? I have taken all other pre med courses during the normal semesters and will be taking higher level physics and engineering classes later on as well (hopefully showing I'm competent in the subject).

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm it hard to say about this situation but try changing you're schedule that might help. Physics is another requirement for Medical school so yea after you're finish with those classes you will be done with that.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

So I'm in the middle of changing my major (nursing to BME), but need to take physics at a cc to ensure I don't add a whole year. I would take it at my state university but I really don't have the time to travel an hour and half one way to take the two classes.

How bad would this hurt my future app? I have taken all other pre med courses during the normal semesters and will be taking higher level physics and engineering classes later on as well (hopefully showing I'm competent in the subject).

One or two cc courses don't matter as long as your grades in your 4 year university are high. Plenty of my friends who applied weren't even asked about their 2-3 community college science courses (they had As in those as well as As at our 4 year university). I think people and advisors tend to over exaggerate how important it is to take courses at a 4 year institution. If you do get asked at any point just tell them you changed your major and didn't want to fall behind.

Reactions: 2 users
I took Physics II at my cc and was never asked about it once. as stated above, make sure your undergrad grades/GPA are strong so ADCOMS cannot assume that you took it at cc because it was supposed to be "easier"