Physics from CC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2thDoc11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I took Physical from a community college and am just wondering if its a big deal l? I graduated last May and have a GPA of 3.8 and sGPA of 3.6.. Since its a requirement for schools, should O retake it? It took it from a CC because of my class schedule and graduation, just did have any other options at the time.

Members don't see this ad.

I was in the same boat as you! Yeah, most schools don't mind you taking 1-2 CC classes, but I would look at a few dental school websites because there are a few (Tufts, BU??,...) that do not accept CC credit

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No need to apply to retake in fall. Tbh, I don’t think the credits would technically count if you retook them anyways, since you have already taken the first year level college physics with a passing grade. Even if they say on their website, etc that they don’t accept CC credits, you should call/email and ask if they would consider your application and explain which classes were taken there/# of credits. I’ve heard of people who have taken classes at a CC doing this and eventually being accepted to these schools (including tufts) that claim not to accept CC credits.

Okay! I have emailed them and waiting a reply. I'll for sure send out more to the rest of the programs. Thanks
FYI you can find out which schools accept CC credits and those that don’t through the ADEA guide to dental schools. There’s only a couple that claim to accept zero, most will accept quite a few

I took every last prereq at a CC. IMO a school that looks unfavorably on CC credit isn't a school worth attending. Just make sure that when you transfer you maintain your grades or get higher grades if possible.

I also took a prereq at CC, no one mentioned it during my interviews.