Physics Lab required?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinetree12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all,

I'm looking at TMDSAS and they have physics lab as a prereq (https://www.tmdsas.com/medical/education_Requirements.html).

I've done research in a chemical engineering lab for 4 years (including during my MS thesis) and I took physics lab in high school. At this point, I think it's safe to say that I understand what acceleration and force are. Do I really need to waste my time on this or would I get some leeway?

Members don't see this ad.

Doubt you'll get leeway.

And yes physics labs were the lowest yield activity of my postbac.

Do I really need to waste my time on this or would I get some leeway?

Thou shalt roll the ball down the ramp. Thou shalt tie a string to a weight and calculate friction. Thou shalt... do all these things at the undergraduate level or no soup for you.

I've flown airplanes in a variety of conditions and experience kinematics in 3 dimensions from the front seat but they're not taking my FAA certs in lieu of the aforementioned Thou Shalts

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can I take physics lab (along with the sillier prereqs like bio lab and English) after I send in my application? The TMDSAS just requires that I take the prereqs before I enroll in med school, not before I apply. And I'd have all the "difficult" prereqs already done with, so would it make a difference?

(...along with the sillier prereqs like bio lab...

Watch it there bubba, that's my major :D

They're going to want to see completion or show that you're presently enrolled in and will complete those things satisfactorily by the time you matriculate - is the line I've heard repeated here often enough.

Timelines suck.