Physics Lab required?

Started by pinetree12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pinetree12

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi y'all,

I'm looking at TMDSAS and they have physics lab as a prereq (https://www.tmdsas.com/medical/education_Requirements.html).

I've done research in a chemical engineering lab for 4 years (including during my MS thesis) and I took physics lab in high school. At this point, I think it's safe to say that I understand what acceleration and force are. Do I really need to waste my time on this or would I get some leeway?
 
Do I really need to waste my time on this or would I get some leeway?

Thou shalt roll the ball down the ramp. Thou shalt tie a string to a weight and calculate friction. Thou shalt... do all these things at the undergraduate level or no soup for you.

I've flown airplanes in a variety of conditions and experience kinematics in 3 dimensions from the front seat but they're not taking my FAA certs in lieu of the aforementioned Thou Shalts
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I take physics lab (along with the sillier prereqs like bio lab and English) after I send in my application? The TMDSAS just requires that I take the prereqs before I enroll in med school, not before I apply. And I'd have all the "difficult" prereqs already done with, so would it make a difference?
 
(...along with the sillier prereqs like bio lab...

Watch it there bubba, that's my major 😀

They're going to want to see completion or show that you're presently enrolled in and will complete those things satisfactorily by the time you matriculate - is the line I've heard repeated here often enough.

Timelines suck.