Physics MCAT g

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MotherSpirit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking an MCAT course with Kaplan and I'm quite confused because my teacher and the book always calculate physics questions with g (gravitational force) as 9.8. For the MCAT, wouldn't it be most convenient to simply round up and use 10?

I don't want to be off in my calculations by rounding, but in a test where you're rushed for time, that seems to make the most sense. Did you guys just use 10 m/s2?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking an MCAT course with Kaplan and I'm quite confused because my teacher and the book always calculate physics questions with g (gravitational force) as 9.8. For the MCAT, wouldn't it be most convenient to simply round up and use 10?

I don't want to be off in my calculations by rounding, but in a test where you're rushed for time, that seems to make the most sense. Did you guys just use 10 m/s2?

Yes, using 10 is perfectly fine and will never lead you to get the wrong answer.

Answer choices are *rarely if ever* that picky that a difference of .2 is going to matter. You should be rounding pretty much everything to easy numbers.. only worry about rounding when you see the answer choices are all really close together.