Physics or Anatmoy in high school

Started by NaCksm
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NaCksm

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I take physics or anatomy in high school? I heard anatomy is with a very hard teacher and I'm very bad at math. I'm in Alg 2/Trig right now and next year will be my senior year. Don't know what math class I should take though, either Precalc or Stats. Super bad at math though. I'm going to go into the medical field in the future, so I will have to take Physics and Calc anyways, so getting a head start in Physics would help a lot(but i fail at math).
What would you recommend me taking for math and science?
Thank you!
 
I'd recommend physics. The math is pretty simple - basic algebra and trig - and it's a good thing to have some background in. Anatomy won't be anywhere near as applicable to your college courses.
 
Go for Physics.

High school anatomy is WAY different from undergrad anatomy. Undergrad anatomy is WAY different from med school anatomy. Med school Anatomy WAY different from how you can get a girl friend even though you know their physiological structure.

So yeah, I'd recommend high school Physics. I bet you will forget your anatomy stuff by the time you are in undergrad.

That's my $0.02.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I too, vote for physics. If you take anatomy, you will probably just forget it/not use it in college.
 
Ehh, if you hate physics and think you'll actually enjoy anatomy, then go with anatomy. Although getting an introduction to physics now will probably help you when/if you take it in college, whereas having taken anatomy most likely won't help you at all. However, not everything has to be done with college or med school in mind...
 
I would say for math take pre-cal because it will help you retain the stuff from alg/trig. And it seems as though physics would be your best choice, instead of anatomy. 🙂
 
I thought highschool physics was a ton of fun! High school physics also gave me a better groundwork for college physics than highschool anatomy did for college anatomy, so I'd say go with physics. Unless it's AP physics, I've heard not so great things about that. Pick whichever you think will be more enjoyable!
 
I will likely be taking physics, not anatomy in high school, but really, it's mostly because my school requires bio(as a freshman), chem(as a sophomore) and physics(junior or senior), so I only got 1 year to pick more freely, and that went to AP Bio.
 
-physics is more applicable to a wider range of subjects
-physics is a pre-req to med-school (undergrad level, of course)
-a background in physics will save you a little grief when learning it in undergrad
-physics is a significant portion of the MCAT

Anatomy...you'll learn that later 😉
 
Should I take physics or anatomy in high school? I heard anatomy is with a very hard teacher and I'm very bad at math. I'm in Alg 2/Trig right now and next year will be my senior year. Don't know what math class I should take though, either Precalc or Stats. Super bad at math though. I'm going to go into the medical field in the future, so I will have to take Physics and Calc anyways, so getting a head start in Physics would help a lot(but i fail at math).
What would you recommend me taking for math and science?
Thank you!

I took both Anatomy and Physics this year.. Physics has proved to be basically pointless and Anatomy I've actually enjoyed and learned quite a bit.. Your going to take both of these classes in college if you pursue medicine, so I would pick whichever you find more enjoyable.
 
I took both Anatomy and Physics this year.. Physics has proved to be basically pointless and Anatomy I've actually enjoyed and learned quite a bit.. Your going to take both of these classes in college if you pursue medicine, so I would pick whichever you find more enjoyable.

most don't take anatomy before med-school. Many hard science majors don't have it as part of the curriculum. Its not a pre-req. Physics would be pointless.... if it wasn't on the MCAT. or not a pre-req. I recommend getting as familiar with it as possible before taking on the beast that is the MCAT.
 
Um, personally I'm choosing 3 sciences my senior year. Ap Bio, Ap Chem, and Physics. And Id take the harder of the two courses now when you can get help from friends and teachers before you get to college when youll be to hung over to care to get tutoring. Physics is basic though, and anatomy... too much memorization, damn femur
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dude I would recommend just work hard on the subjects that you have taken on summer and get better on those.