Physics Pre-Req

Started by rphfan2009
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

R

rphfan2009

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need to take one 4 credit Physics class for one of my pre-reqs. Should I take a calculus based physics or just a regular physics class (it will still have a lab and will be worth 4 credits)??
 
Most say General Physics as a requirement, but if that is not an option at your school, you might want to contact the schools your applying to for the answer.

HTH
 
Most say General Physics as a requirement, but if that is not an option at your school, you might want to contact the schools your applying to for the answer.

HTH
The two pharmacy schools that I am looking at say "4 credits of Physics"

Is there a lot of physics on the pcat??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is no physics on the PCAT. I would suggest taking the regular, algebra based version over the calculus based as people usually struggle with this class. Since the school doesn't specify, I would assume they will accept any physics. However, it's always best to get clarification rather than assume.
 
There is no physics on the PCAT. I would suggest taking the regular, algebra based version over the calculus based as people usually struggle with this class. Since the school doesn't specify, I would assume they will accept any physics. However, it's always best to get clarification rather than assume.
No physics on PCAT--good to hear! 🙂

I would much later take the non-calculus based, but I will call the schools Monday and ask for further clarification. Thanks again.

P.S. Which Physics did you have to take anyhow? Just wondering.
 
I have the oppurtunity to take a really easy physics class over this summer...its actually for non-science majors and worth 4 credits (exactly what i need credit wise). I spoke to my pharm schools of choice and they don't care what i take, as long as its a physics class. Should I jump on this chance to grab a easy 4 credits?
 
I am a pre-pharm student and have the oppurtunity to take a very easy 4 credit Physics course over this summer (its for non-science majors and has a lab). My prospective pharmacy schools said that I only need 4 credits of physics and they don't care what kind. Should I jump on this oppurtunity or not?

Sure, why not...