physics related?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yahoooyahooo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i want to ask question here.i am taking alevels now.and i'm taking four subjects:chemistry,biology,physics and mathematics.i will be sitting for the as level examination this may.but i plan to drop physics now.but i found sources in the internet saying that most universities require 4 as level subjects and 3 a2 level subjects,for entry requirements for degree in physiotherapist. IS IT TRUE ? and i also know that most students taking alevels will take 4 subjects in aslevel then dop 1 of them to 3 subjects at a2 level.but why?

i want to become a physiotherapist for soccer team in the future.so can i drop physics now?is physics related to physio?is 4 aslevel subjects essential?

Members don't see this ad.

For physiotherapy, especially if you're planning to do your degree in the UK, then yes, 4 AS levels is essential, though you could definitely drop the Physics and just do 3 A2 levels.

You need to complete the Physics AS though.

As for why most people drop one or two subjects for A2 level - that goes back to the not so distant past (ie when I was doing my A levels, as they were called...) Then most people just did 3 A levels, and those wanting to stand out a little did either full extra A levels, or did half an A level - the AS level. A few years back the government decided they wanted to broaden sixth form interests and make people do more subjects - hence people did more AS levels, but then dropped them to concentrate more in upper sixth.

HTH.

BTW - you seem to have very specific career aims very early on. Would you not be happy being any other type of physio?

what if the result of physics in as not good?
what is the requirement for as and a2 result for degree in physiotherapist,in england?

Look in your UCAS information book or the prospectus for the university you are interested in. You have to do some of your own research we don't know everything about every medically related degree in every university.