Physics Requirement - Ross Veterinary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmiller0704

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to wrap up my prerequisites in order to apply for Ross Veterinary Program

It says Physics (3) semester hours.

There is a class in my college called "Practical Aspects Of Physics" which is typically for non-science majors, but some science majors take it and is 3 credit hours or there is general physics, which i'm in, but never having taken trig, I am not good at and is 5 credit hours. Do you think I should withdraw and take the 1st class stated, or stay in general physics and try not to fail....

im 28 years old and would just like to get this show on the road.

Opinions? please be kind, not everyone has to be the best at everything. I have all A's in my biology/microbio classes but am by no means a math person beyond dosage calculations and intermediate algebra.

Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

Call the school and see if they would accept that class. That way you know for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Is say it depends on what your transcript shows. Will it say withdrew failing?

I'd think it would look bad to withdraw and take a non science ( easier?) physics class instead.

I'd ask Ross.

If you stay in this class get a tutor now before you have trouble. Be proactive about getting help

Only the school can tell you, but my frank advice would be to stick with the 5-hour class. Having science major physics would broaden your selection of schools to which you can apply. Ross might or might not accept it, but I'm betting most other schools will not.

That said, it's okay not to be good at math. Plenty of people aren't. Many of them got into vet school, and after taking a full year of science major physics. You know it'll be tough for you, so the next step is to get a tutor, build a relationship with your professor, and study hard. You're fully capable of doing just as well as everyone else, even if it takes a little more work.

If you really want to take the 3-hour course I'd say call Ross immediately, before dropping your current course.