PHYSICS Requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thadarknyte

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So you know how all medical schools require inorganic chem, organic chem, bio, AND PHYSICS,

does anyone know which schools WILL or WILL NOT accept AP Physics credits from high school (and not taken in college)??

Members don't see this ad.

thadarknyte said:
So you know how all medical schools require inorganic chem, organic chem, bio, AND PHYSICS,

does anyone know which schools WILL or WILL NOT accept AP Physics credits from high school (and not taken in college)??

If there are specific schools you're interested in, I would check their websites and admissions requirements. Most schools do not accept AP credit alone - they want you to take upper level courses to replace those you placed out of.

My advice: take it over in college - if you had a great high school course, doing well in general physics in college should be an easy A. It'll also help you out with the MCAT.

im pretty sure BU, columbia, and yale don't take any AP credits at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
drjewel said:
If there are specific schools you're interested in, I would check their websites and admissions requirements. Most schools do not accept AP credit alone - they want you to take upper level courses to replace those you placed out of.

My advice: take it over in college - if you had a great high school course, doing well in general physics in college should be an easy A. It'll also help you out with the MCAT.

yea, I checked all of them, they only say they require physics (nothing about AP credits)

my pre-med advisor never mentioned that having AP physics credit would cause this type of problem, so i didnt bother to take physics in college (and now I am an alumni of Penn State, i just graduated)

i hope im not screwed...

heeseop said:
im pretty sure BU, columbia, and yale don't take any AP credits at all.

i placed out of physics for undergrad -- when i contacted columbia and yale for the physics requirement, all they told me to do was retake the first semester of physics in college, which i did, and then i was all set. so taking AP physics in HS saved me from taking physics 2.