Physics study aids??

Started by star777
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

star777

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone use "Schaum's Outline of College Physics" when they studied for the OAT? Is it good? Helpful for the OAT? I don't have any physics study aids and don't know how to study for that section of the OAT....What did everyone use and find the most helpful when studying for the OAT???

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks! 🙂
 
star777 said:
Did anyone use "Schaum's Outline of College Physics" when they studied for the OAT? Is it good? Helpful for the OAT? I don't have any physics study aids and don't know how to study for that section of the OAT....What did everyone use and find the most helpful when studying for the OAT???

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks! 🙂

I couldn't find any good OAT study guides when I took the OAT Feb 2005, so I ended up using the Princeton Review MCAT study guide for all sections of the OAT. It worked out great for me.

Kaplan just came out June 2005 with an OAT study prep book. I haven't checked it out, but Kaplan makes pretty good test study guides, so if I were you I would take a look at it. here's the link for it:
http://www.kaptest.com/catalog/templates/product.jhtml?PRODID=kprod18230101&rcid=7500005Goo

Good luck on the OAT!
 
SoxTown said:
I couldn't find any good OAT study guides when I took the OAT Feb 2005, so I ended up using the Princeton Review MCAT study guide for all sections of the OAT. It worked out great for me.

Kaplan just came out June 2005 with an OAT study prep book. I haven't checked it out, but Kaplan makes pretty good test study guides, so if I were you I would take a look at it. here's the link for it:
http://www.kaptest.com/catalog/templates/product.jhtml?PRODID=kprod18230101&rcid=7500005Goo

Good luck on the OAT!

The only thing with those Kaplan books is that they cover so much material on each subject. I wish they could just break it down into 20 pages or so of the most important stuff.
 
RLK said:
The only thing with those Kaplan books is that they cover so much material on each subject. I wish they could just break it down into 20 pages or so of the most important stuff.



RLK---- Have you taken the Kaplan course?