physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rock_climber

0.1K+ member
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
when is the best time to take physics? during 1st sem and 2nd sem junior year so its real fresh for the MCATs, or sophmore year? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

when you feel comfortable tackling it...it really is something you have to figure out on your own...

I took it sophomore year, and it was fine. I'm taking the MCAT in April and am not having any terrible problems with remembering the stuff I learned a year ago. If you would feel more comfortable taking it as a junior, go ahead. We can't make the decision for you! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
take it soph.......you dont wanna be learning a large portion of physics material on your own for the first time when u should only be reviewing it for MCAT

I took one semester of physics before my mcat, missing the second semester didn't hurt much.

Is it possible to take it during the summer?

Yes, it can be done over the summer. I took calculus over the summer, which isn't the same thing, obviously, but it is similar enough. It was fast-paced, but it worked out well.

Okay this may be more suited for the MCAT forum but screw it. Does the MCAT physics section have more Physics I than II? Because honestly I am getting a backside SN2 attack by Physics II right now (don't flame me for my horrible Organic Chemistry joke!!!).

That's a great ochem joke, i always giggled when the prof said backside attack. Too bad the rest of my class was a bunch of humorless ninnies. Anyhoo, I took the MCAT last August without Physics II and there were almost no electromagnetism/optics/etc... on it. The only electric charge problem was pretty simple. IMO, you can get by if you just review some of the physics material in the comprehensive review books.

I agree that reviewing/learning the physics material from the review books is doable. However, I seem to remember a couple of electromagnetism problems, a waves passage, and an optics passage on my MCAT, so don't ignore Physics II stuff.