Physio for MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moto_za

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I will be taking the MCAT sometime probaby Jan. and have never had physio and did not cover it in my gen bio courses. I was looking over the study guide in the AAMCS website and did not know anything about the physio stuff. Based on my class schedule this year, I doubt I will be able to take physio, is it possible to learn this stuff on my own?? I'm thinking it will be an important part of the MCAT? :confused:
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

moto_za said:
Hi guys,

I will be taking the MCAT sometime probaby Jan. and have never had physio and did not cover it in my gen bio courses. I was looking over the study guide in the AAMCS website and did not know anything about the physio stuff. Based on my class schedule this year, I doubt I will be able to take physio, is it possible to learn this stuff on my own?? I'm thinking it will be an important part of the MCAT? :confused:
Thanks!!

Physiology is a the predominant subject of the BS section. You'll probably have 3-4 passages on various physiological system on the exam.

That beng said, you have plenty of time to learn it. I would recommed purchasing EK's Biology review book. It goes into just enough detail about whay you need to know in an easy to read format.