moto_za

15+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2006
Status (Visible)
Hi guys,

I will be taking the MCAT sometime probaby Jan. and have never had physio and did not cover it in my gen bio courses. I was looking over the study guide in the AAMCS website and did not know anything about the physio stuff. Based on my class schedule this year, I doubt I will be able to take physio, is it possible to learn this stuff on my own?? I'm thinking it will be an important part of the MCAT? :confused:
Thanks!!

ADeadLois

10+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
moto_za said:
Hi guys,

I will be taking the MCAT sometime probaby Jan. and have never had physio and did not cover it in my gen bio courses. I was looking over the study guide in the AAMCS website and did not know anything about the physio stuff. Based on my class schedule this year, I doubt I will be able to take physio, is it possible to learn this stuff on my own?? I'm thinking it will be an important part of the MCAT? :confused:
Thanks!!

Physiology is a the predominant subject of the BS section. You'll probably have 3-4 passages on various physiological system on the exam.

That beng said, you have plenty of time to learn it. I would recommed purchasing EK's Biology review book. It goes into just enough detail about whay you need to know in an easy to read format.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.