Physiology course or easier schedule for MCAT prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lebronisking23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This fall I will be finishing up a thesis project, taking biochem, taking a healthcare course, and then I have the option of an easy online course or a physiology course. I will be taking the MCAT in January after this semester and was wondering what would be more useful? An easier schedule for more MCAT prep, or a physiology course? Thank you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like you know what the best choice is if your goal is a decent MCAT score (option 1 - easier schedule)

Members don't see this ad :)
Do physiology and make sure you kill the course - because it comes up in literally every class in medical school (even epidemiology, if you can believe it!)

Honestly if you're most concerned about the MCAT I'd go for the easier schedule. I had several friends who opted to take gross anatomy with me the semester they were studying to take the MCAT and they seemed to have a hard time balancing the two. But do whatever you think will make you happy.

Reactions: 1 user
Easy schedule. No question in my mind. It's far more important to kill the MCAT since you need that to actually get IN to medical school. Worry about med school material when you get there. Taking one class in college won't be that much of an advantage. People catch up quick.

Yes, online courses can be . . . not worth much. How will the course show up on your transcript? If it is "Socio-cultural aspects of medical science - online" it might not be worth it. If it is "into to pharmacology" then it's fine.

The course does not say "online" on my transcript. So that is of no worry to me at all

If your goal is MCAT then physiology or other online healthcare courses are good. Abudo has multiple useful online healthcare courses which will support you in scoring high on MCAT. Visit Abudo's site for getting more information