Pic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clarkbar

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the benefit of being a pic of a nonsterile compounding pharmacy with some over state line sales? Would nonsterile change that calculus

Members don't see this ad.

Don't have to wash your hands after using the restroom?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any escape from such a job? How bad would the resume be? What do non-retail PICs do after leaving their PIC job, industry, PBM, run a hospital pharmacy?

What is the point of this question? I am genuinely confused and intrigued.

Why do you think such job would be bad for your resume? A PIC job is PIC job. It`s better than having no management experience at all.

This isn't a retail chain job. It's a venture capital job that produces product for interstate commerce. It seems very little pharmacy knowledge is necessary.

It appears to be a job running and maintaining a sterile and non-sterile pharmacy production center. Very little clinical, so it would appear that such skills could lapse...
This is also a brand new skill set.

Would this job, compounding sterile and nonsterile medications for interstate commerce, with some retail and ltc limit future jobs and in what way? I have little experience in this point.

I would be leaving hospital for it. Would this translate into a hospital or LTC PIC/management role down the road, if even a small LTAC facility?

Be very careful with these sterile compounding outfits..you need to be technically experienced...call your insurance provider and have words about all of this.....

What is the benefit of being a pic of a nonsterile compounding pharmacy with some over state line sales? Would nonsterile change that calculus

Pay, benefits, experience. I echo APN-59 rph's concern you need to know what you are doing. Obvious but less room for error with sterile compounding. It sounds like you are unfamiliar with such a position but you would have to quickly learn USP and state standards for compounding, compounding procedures itself, maintenance of equipment, records, shipping of compounds. You may need to get pharmacist licenses in the states your pharmacy ships to. If its a good shop you could learn a lot. Why would you leave hospital?