Picking DPT schools in New England.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

enfltkfkd01

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am so far accepted into URI, MCPHS, MGH and AIC . Having a really difficult time deciding on which school will be the best fit.
I'm wondering if there are people in similar boat and what they are thinking?
 
Hey! I was accepted to both MGH and AIC, and a few other programs outside of the New England area. Between those two, I declined my acceptance offer from AIC and am most likely going to attend MGH. Their program has great clinical affiliations and the year-long internship is a plus for sure. It's definitely the more expensive option (not sure how it compares to URI and MCPHS), but I definitely think in this situation that it's worth it to get a top-notch education from a top 10 program.
 
Hey! I was accepted to both MGH and AIC, and a few other programs outside of the New England area. Between those two, I declined my acceptance offer from AIC and am most likely going to attend MGH. Their program has great clinical affiliations and the year-long internship is a plus for sure. It's definitely the more expensive option (not sure how it compares to URI and MCPHS), but I definitely think in this situation that it's worth it to get a top-notch education from a top 10 program.
Hey, I'm looking into MGH more than AIC for sure, I have some concerns about the fact that their paid internship doesn't apply to all of the cohort, and only about 80%. MCPHS is also connected to hospitals so I'm a bit torn between those two.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
How about URI? In New England, I'm accepted to URI and since it's one of my tops schools I'm definitely going there. They also have paid internship as well as required community service, which I highly value (plus the program is competitively affordable).
 
Hi,
How about URI? In New England, I'm accepted to URI and since it's one of my tops schools I'm definitely going there. They also have paid internship as well as required community service, which I highly value (plus the program is competitively affordable).
URI has paid internship? What do you mean by that, like for clinicals?