pictures of DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
How do you like them? I have been going back and forth between the aeron and steelcase leap. This may be the better buy.

They're pretty good. We sit on these for a long time during exams and I've never felt uncomfortable.

that's your tuition money :rolleyes:

I'd say it's a good investment. If kids are going to sit on their butt for hours you might as well make them comfortable.

Reactions: 1 user
A nice pic of the front of AZCOM:

This is where all the lectures are held:

My older brother went to AZCOM for Pharmacy school. I got to check out the campus during his graduation, it was really nice. Makes me regret not applying there, but I was already accepted by the time I visited :shrug:

I was told there are multiple incidences of violence every week there. one of the current students watched someone get stabbed right in front of them as they were driving in their car.

Ummmmm...wut...

I've been to the 7 eleven several times during the day and never felt like there would be issues. If you know how to handle yourself and don't do anything stupid like pull your iPad out and wave it around in front of people you'll be fine. I would definitely avoid it after dark though, but that is true for a lot of place in most major cities.

I'll also add that there have been exactly 0 incidents on campus at KCU. Even if the area near campus is a little shady, our security is amazing and they go out of their way to make us feel as safe as possible, even when it's not really necessary.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not encouraging anyone to hang out at 7 eleven, just saying I think there is quite a bit of exaggeration that happens.

Reactions: 1 users
Ummmmm...wut...

I've been to the 7 eleven several times during the day and never felt like there would be issues. If you know how to handle yourself and don't do anything stupid like pull your iPad out and wave it around in front of people you'll be fine. I would definitely avoid it after dark though, but that is true for a lot of place in most major cities.

I'll also add that there have been exactly 0 incidents on campus at KCU. Even if the area near campus is a little shady, our security is amazing and they go out of their way to make us feel as safe as possible, even when it's not really necessary.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not encouraging anyone to hang out at 7 eleven, just saying I think there is quite a bit of exaggeration that happens.

Haha I can't argue with that! I think perhaps those incidences were at night!

Also, if that's what AZcom actually looks like irl that's awesome.
It is! It has much more of a "campusy" feel versus SOMA. However, it is hella hot when you are trudging around in June. AZ problems.

Ummmmm...wut...

I'm so glad I can do that safely here in FL :eek:

Reactions: 1 users
touro-college-e1381517120419.jpg

DCOM-214-Ping.jpg

I took this picture of DCOM last year in February when I was there. It is a beautiful building.

Trees would be nice. :)

There's some trees, but it's a long walk. Still DCOM pictured, but most of the buildings are of the undergrad campus except for the very last building in the back. That's for the 1st year DCOM students. Unless I'm wrong and someone can correct me, I took this (and a few others) when I went to interview.

jFcAOcO.jpg

There's some trees, but it's a long walk. Still DCOM pictured, but most of the buildings are of the undergrad campus except for the very last building in the back. That's for the 1st year DCOM students. Unless I'm wrong and someone can correct me, I took this (and a few others) when I went to interview.

jFcAOcO.jpg

The area does have plenty of trees. It would be nice if they started planting more around the med school campus. I think that is what it is missing. Beautiful pic that you took, BTW. :)

My older brother went to AZCOM for Pharmacy school. I got to check out the campus during his graduation, it was really nice. Makes me regret not applying there, but I was already accepted by the time I visited :shrug:
it's really expensive tho- obviously we know the extra tuition goes towards interior decorators

The area does have plenty of trees. It would be nice if they started planting more around the med school campus. I think that is what it is missing. Beautiful pic that you took, BTW. :)

Thanks. I got really lucky with the weather. It was overcast one second, and then the next second it started snowing. And I 100% agree about having more trees on the immediate grounds instead of just open land. Trees make everything better.

I'm so glad I can do that safely here in FL :eek:

I was mostly talking about at night, but that depends where in Florida you are. There are plenty of areas in cities like Miami, Orlando, and a few other places that I wouldn't show off expensive items. That's just the nature of 99% of major cities out there, and many places that aren't major cities as well.

That being said I loved the way Bradenton's campus looked, especially at night. Not a fan of schools that are only 1 building though, just not my style.

Last edited: