pikeville thoughts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jcoool98

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very interested in going to medical school at pikeville. I just was wondering, of those of you who are students there, what do you think about the school? pros, cons, etc. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a fourth year student at pikeville. Since I left the school (most third and fourth year students do their clinical years somewhere else), they have actually made a lot of improvements. Put a new omt lab, new study areas, etc. Overall, though, your medical education is what you make of it (that is for any school).

jcoool98 said:
I am very interested in going to medical school at pikeville. I just was wondering, of those of you who are students there, what do you think about the school? pros, cons, etc. thanks.

I interviewed and was accepted there. If you go there, you will definately get a lot for your money, and the tuition is pretty decent compared to other D.O. schools. They have a very state of the art campus and very dedicated professors. Thats all I can tell you from just interviewing there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do a search for pikeville and you'll find all kinds of threads detailing the good and the bad. You'll also get usernames for current students who can answer specific questions you may have about the school.

jcoool98 said:

Hey :)

I just finished my 1st year a la P-ville... feel free to PM me with any specific Q's...

Overall, I'm soooo glad I came to PCSOM. We have awesome, supportive faculty/staff, the student body works together in a minimally-competitive atmosphere (I would say non-competitive... but any time you get 80 Type A people together, it's inevitable)... I couldn't be happier.

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

JMCarpenter