pimping at interviews

Discussion in 'Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties' started by superstar, Nov 25, 2002.

1. superstar

superstar Junior Member

Besides MGH, where have people been pimped at interviews? I was actually pimped a bit at Emory, but this was more specific to the person who interviewed me. The residents had warned me about him beforehand.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Castro Viejo

Castro Viejo Papa Clot Buster

Attending Physician
    I've been on two interviews thus far, one at a community hospital and one at a university program. BOTH places pimped me. I'm getting the feeling that this is somewhat the norm for general surgery residency programs, but may be wrong. Oh well... Will have another interview in a couple of weeks. But if any of you wanna know where I was pimped, please PM me privately (as this is actually my name). :)

4. UI2003

UI2003 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I haven't had the pleasure of being tortured (yet) but I hear Emory is notorious for it (which is coming up in Jan, yay). Just for the record, does Tulane subscribe to the theory of pimpage?

5. scutking

scutking Member

I interviewed at Tulane last year and they didn't pimp. They were actually very friendly. I found this to be the case for every place I interviewed. Most programs went out of their way to be "kinder and gentler," especially during interviews.