Pimping during interviews?

Started by unsung
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

unsung

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there any pimping going on during neurology interviews, typically?

Do I need to brush up on the intricacies of STT pathways and what not ?

I just don't want to be caught off-guard.
 
No one ever asked me a single pimp question on my interviews. In fact, I was not asked about my research projects, either.

I was once asked to help participate in a conversation about a chonic headache patient, answering a few questions for the chairman..but these were very, very laid back and very, very easy. I think he was searching more for confidence or communication, not so much actual knowledge base.

As a rule, neurology residencies do not quiz potential applicants.
 
As a rule, neurology residencies do not quiz potential applicants.

Exactly. Contrast that with our neurosurgery friends where I heard a certain top program will bring you to an empty room with a piano if you stated in your PS/application that you play the piano. :meanie: