Pitt CSTP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monkey House

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there waiting to hear back from Pitt CSTP?

Anyone at Pitt already a student in CSTP?

Members don't see this ad.

sighhh...bumping my own post. I guess I am the only one out here waiting on this program! Oh well, I promise I will let this poor thread die a lonely death and bump it no more!

Members don't see this ad :)
wait, lets keep this going. i just sent in my cstp app on the last day and am waiting to hear back....does anyone know if theyve already started interviewing people? it really seems like an awesome program. thanks!

I know no one who has gotten an interview. Someone else PMed me and she said she has heard nothing back too....so that 3 of us so far! Granted only a few people apply, so maybe those few whom they interviewed are not cool enough to be on SDN? Seems odd we have no word back seeing that second look weekend is less than 3 weeks away!

For reference from the web:

The (Pittsburgh) Clinical Scientist Training Program (CSTP) is a five-year program designed to prepare outstanding medical students for a career in academic medicine and clinical investigation by providing them with opportunities to learn and practice clinical research skills during medical school.

Through the CSTP, students can pursue a Certificate in Clinical Research or a Master of Science (MS) in Clinical Research. Both the Certificate and MS require an additional year of matriculation, usually taken between the third and fourth year of medical school. The main difference between the Certificate and MS is that the MS requires completion of 15 additional units and a thesis. The program has three main components: a longitudinal seminar, mentored research, and courses in clinical research methods.

I haven't heard anything yet either. :confused:

I am currently staying hopeful. Until someone tells me otherwise (hint, hint). :)

any word? i sort of want to call to ask if theyve started interviewing. i dont expect them to give out interviews and expect people to show up within a few days...cstp would be amazing....argh- hurry up already pitt.

best of luck to all of you waiting on this...

From Jennifer Kush:

"We do not hold interviews for the CSTP. Decisions are made based on your application. We will be announcing the scholarship decisions in April."

From Jennifer Kush:

"We do not hold interviews for the CSTP. Decisions are made based on your application. We will be announcing the scholarship decisions in April."

Wow I didn't see that one coming... the application site definitely said they interview. Maybe they changed their minds this year. Shoot, I should have just applied (I didn't want to travel to Pittsburgh again for a program I wasn't going to have a great shot at). Good luck guys! Looks like not too many applicants!

Yayyyyyy...my fav. thread made it back up to page one! Go CSTP! Though it would be useful to know before second look weekend so we can ask the right questions. But then again, who would turn down CSTP if they got it! Go PITT!

Looks like not too many applicants!

anyone know roughly how many? probably not i suppose

this program is my dream scenario but I think that most people who apply feel the same way, i don't think it's likely i'll get in. But you never know :)

yup. $25000 / year offer received via email this evening. formal letter forthcoming apparently.

Wow I really wish I had applied for this CTSP program. I wasn't sure that I would be going to Pitt and I didn't want to go back for another interview if I could avoid it.

BTW congrats genesis!