PITT DPT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatordpt1105

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to start a thread for university of Pittsburgh! Just got my acceptance today! Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! Do you guys mind if i ask what's your stats?
Undergrad B.S. Kinesiology, Pre-physical therapy
Overall GPA 3.72
GRE 154V/157Q 4.0 AWA
Xtras 281 research hours, 2390 clinical hours
LOR 2 physical therapists, 2 professors

Let me know if there's anything else you want to know!

Congrats everyone! Do you guys mind if i ask what's your stats?

Major: applied physiology and kinesiology
GPA: 3.65
GRE: 157V/164Q 5.5 AW
200+ obs hours
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 professor, 1 employer

I’m still deciding due to the price and being out of state I still have not visited, was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or insight about the program? Or knows if they offer any scholarship money?

Did you guys make your deposit or are you holding out for other programs?

Has anyone else heard back from Pitt yet? I received the application verification September 27th.
Thanks!

Has anyone else heard back from Pitt yet? I received the application verification September 27th.
Thanks!
I submitted my application October 5 and heard back last week (11/12) that I was accepted. I am not sure that I am accepting, though. I was discouraged that they aren't complying with PTCAS' traffic rules and are requiring a commitment and deposit by Dec 2.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application October 5 and heard back last week (11/12) that I was accepted. I am not sure that I am accepting, though. I was discouraged that they aren't complying with PTCAS' traffic rules and are requiring a commitment and deposit by Dec 2.
Can you explain what that means? I was accepted 10/17 and given a deposit deadline of 11/1 (I paid a few days before 11/1). I’m not sure if I’ll be attending Pitt but I didn’t want to decline and risk not getting in anywhere else.

Can you explain what that means? I was accepted 10/17 and given a deposit deadline of 11/1 (I paid a few days before 11/1). I’m not sure if I’ll be attending Pitt but I didn’t want to decline and risk not getting in anywhere else.
PTCAS traffic rules states that a program cannot require monetary deposit prior to 1/15. This is to give applicants time to interview at other programs prior to making a decision.

It is a little absurd that they're doing that. I have heard that their incoming class from this year had like 12 students over their normal number, so I'm guessing they were trying to avoid that this year. Pitt is definitely my top choice, as I live in Pittsburgh and am wanting to stay here for PT school and have heard wonderful things about their program. But I'm definitely curious to see what will happen when people deposit just to hold their spot and end up getting into their #1 choice, and decline to Pitt after depositing. I could see people still getting accepted into this program through April or so depending on when everyone hears from other schools and are situated. I'm getting anxious!!

It is a little absurd that they're doing that. I have heard that their incoming class from this year had like 12 students over their normal number, so I'm guessing they were trying to avoid that this year. Pitt is definitely my top choice, as I live in Pittsburgh and am wanting to stay here for PT school and have heard wonderful things about their program. But I'm definitely curious to see what will happen when people deposit just to hold their spot and end up getting into their #1 choice, and decline to Pitt after depositing. I could see people still getting accepted into this program through April or so depending on when everyone hears from other schools and are situated. I'm getting anxious!!
Exactly. I made my deposit and I have yet to hear from any other schools. Pitt isn’t my #1 so it sucks that they made me pay $1250 three months before the regular deadline. I’m going to try to get a refund.

Exactly. I made my deposit and I have yet to hear from any other schools. Pitt isn’t my #1 so it sucks that they made me pay $1250 three months before the regular deadline. I’m going to try to get a refund.
If I don't hear back from my #1 choice (GWU) by a day or 2 before my Pitt deposit is due, I'm definitely planning to contact Pitt and ask them to honor the PTCAS traffic rules that they had to have agreed to. It just seems like really bad form to me. :/

If I don't hear back from my #1 choice (GWU) by a day or 2 before my Pitt deposit is due, I'm definitely planning to contact Pitt and ask them to honor the PTCAS traffic rules that they had to have agreed to. It just seems like really bad form to me. :/
I actually heard back from GWU tonight that I was accepted ( :soexcited: )! So I'll be committing to them. I'll release my seat at Pitt. Hopefully that will help those of you who are still waiting to hear back! :) Good luck everyone!

I actually heard back from GWU tonight that I was accepted ( :soexcited: )! So I'll be committing to them. I'll release my seat at Pitt. Hopefully that will help those of you who are still waiting to hear back! :) Good luck everyone!
Congrats! Is GW really $135k+ for tuition?

Has anyone been to a Pitt open house? Or visited the school/gotten more insight on the program? Looking for more info about the school/area to help me make a decision! Thanks!

I visited Pitt’s Program! It’s a great facility and is located on the south side of Pittsburgh. I know it’s currently going through some changes. I know someone who is a current second year in the program that said they just shortened there program from 3 years to 2.5 because they can no longer offer them the stipend during their third year. It’s a program with a very solid staff and I’ve heard the clinical experience is very thorough and that it is strongly research based. I think the class size is normally around 60-70 students. Let me know if you have other questions!