nooek8

2+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
There is essentially no difference with the tuition if I get instate after a year at buffalo (would only be 30k difference 1st year)
Both are about 5/6 hours from home
Im looking to get more input on comparing curriculum, clinical experience etc.

Pitt:

Pros:
  • essentially has all the specialities (not sure if I wanna specialize)
  • I have a lot of friends in Pittsburgh
  • would possibly be interested in their academic career track concentration
Cons:
  • around 60% of students do a GPR after graduation
  • I went to Pitt undergrad and started to get a little sick of it before I graduated
Buffalo:

Pros:
  • Very cheap rent
  • new clinic facilities
  • new location/I like change and meeting new people

Cons:
  • not quite sure about the area and things to do/unfamiliar with it
  • Ive heard there are lots of married/settled down students, not sure if this is true

AppalachianDentalBoy

2+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
What's the difference in cost? If the difference is small I'd go to Buffalo for the hot wings.

About the Ads
Apr 13, 2020
Status
Medical Student
I lived in Buffalo for undergrad and I'm at Pitt now (for med school). I can comment a bit on the location since you weren't too sure what there is to do there! Buffalo as a city is like a smaller version of Pittsburgh, with less congestion. Like Pitt, it's really been growing over the last few years. There's a great waterfront & they have outdoor concerts downtown in the summer. Lots of festivals. The emphasis on sports is very similar to that of Pitt. I really loved the elmwood & allentown areas because there's tons of new restaurants/places to go out to. My favorite things about Buffalo were the amazing hiking spots & its proximity to Canada. You can take day trips to Toronto, Niagara Falls, or just hop over the border to grab brunch. I really miss that about the city. Hope that helps with making the decision in that regard- not trying to persuade you one way or the other though!

About the Ads