Pitt (IS) vs. Temple (IS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baszilion

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any solid info on comparing these two schools? Some points I am especially interested in are:

1. Specialization potential
2. Clinical rigor
3. Academic clarity (would like to avoid old professors and unclear exam prep)
4. Environment (area safety, cleanliness, etc.)

I've been accepted to Temple already and have an interview lined up for Pitt, feeling that they will accept me ultimately. Temple is about 1.5 hours from family and Pitt is about 5 hours, so there is that factor favoring Temple. But, my feeling is that Pitt is altogether a nicer school. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any solid info on comparing these two schools? Some points I am especially interested in are:

1. Specialization potential
2. Clinical rigor
3. Academic clarity (would like to avoid old professors and unclear exam prep)
4. Environment (area safety, cleanliness, etc.)

I've been accepted to Temple already and have an interview lined up for Pitt, feeling that they will accept me ultimately. Temple is about 1.5 hours from family and Pitt is about 5 hours, so there is that factor favoring Temple. But, my feeling is that Pitt is altogether a nicer school. Any thoughts?

I think you should gather more info at your pitt interview, and then decide after you get this hypothetical acceptance...

Reactions: 3 users
Like @princeafrica said, go to the cheapest, although assuming you're a PA resident, I'm sure the cost isn't that big of a difference, but could still be sizable, I know Pitt is relatively "cheap" for a dental school these days.

I would not go into the Pitt interview acting like you're already in. Being confident in yourself is one thing, assuming you're accepted is another

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You're right, I might be speaking too soon here. Guess I'm just bored and am thinking hypothetically as if I'm accepted. Definitely should focus on nailing my interview first though. Thanks.