Pitt Questions!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read on the MSTP forum that there is a cover letter for recommendations. Is this only for MSTP applicants, or also for MDs? If it's for MDs too, where can we find this letter?

How substantial are your ethical dilemmas for UPitt? Mine seems trivial, but I can't think of something better:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

the cover letter came with my secondary

I'll email it to you (pdf file) if you pm your e-mail address to me.

Thanks Dr. Octopus

I just located the cover form online on the page where you fill the application out online, I think. Is it the one that says that if you have a committee letter, you don't need to submit it?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
This one?

School of Medicine ? Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
518 Scaife Hall ? Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Phone: 412-648-9891 ? Fax: 412-648-8768
E-mail: [email protected]
Recommendation Cover Sheet
I have waived my right of access to the letter of recommendation from the following person(s) regarding my application
to the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
Signature of Applicant must appear here if access to letter of recommendation has been waived. Date
Applicant (AMCAS Name) (please print) AMCAS Identification Number
To a considerable extent, the selection of applicants to the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine depends upon
letters of recommendation. We appreciate your willingness to write on behalf of the student who has presented you with
this recommendation form. Please ensure that the applicant has filled out the information above. Please include comments
on the following areas in your evaluation:
? The circumstances under which you became acquainted with, and the length of time you have known, the applicant;
? The student?s principal attributes and deficiencies;
? The ability of the applicant to get along with students and faculty;
? The extent to which the candidate has used his/her full potential in your course(s);
? A comparison of this person with other premedical students at your institution;
? The applicant?s strength of motivation toward a career in medicine.
Please complete the following information and attach this sheet to your letter of recommendation. Please mail your letter
of recommendation directly to the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid, 518 Scaife Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15261 before
the January 10, 2003 deadline. Again, thank you for your efforts on behalf of this applicant to the University of Pittsburgh
School of Medicine.
Recommendation from
Position/Institution Business Phone
Business Address
Please check one of the following categories into which your letter is classified. (See attached guidelines.)
Academic Letter Committee Letter Personal Letter
Course Name/Number Dates
Course Name/Number Dates
Signature of Recommender Date

Yes.

We only have that filled out if a premed committee is not submitting the composite package of letters right?

I'm not sure. There is a place on the form where they ask to indicate if it is a committee or individual letter. I had all individual LORs, so it didn't matter for me.