Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

pitt secondary question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by brownemily22, Oct 25, 2002.

1. brownemily22

brownemily22 Member
    7+ Year Member

for pitt's optional "how are you diverse?" question, 4 out of the 5 suggested facets of your life that you are encouraged to write about (early education, culture, race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status and work experiences) are factors that are COMPLETELY beyond your control. so sue me if i am white, middle-class and grew up in the suburbs. i certainly cannot talk about my cultural background b/c it is pretty status-quo.

has anyone else ran into this problem? what did you do about it?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

i'm older so have had a lot of work experience and also have a master's degree. that's mainly what i talked about. i may have also thrown in something about studying abroad and learning a lot about myself/other cultures and how that will help make me an understanding doctor. i don't think it's absolutely necessary to answer the question. had i still been in college, i wouldn't have had much to say.