pitt waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTprez

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello again,

I was waitlisted at pitt a while ago and was wondering if anyone was accepted or also waitlisted? If so, what are your stats? I am kind of freaking out about a year off....

Members don't see this ad.

Same situation as you ...
Waitlisted to 5 programs, and still waiting..........

Hello again,

I was waitlisted at pitt a while ago and was wondering if anyone was accepted or also waitlisted? If so, what are your stats? I am kind of freaking out about a year off....

I hate to stress you out, but their waitlist is huge. I was waitlisted back in December but I know people who were notified of being waitlisted as late as last week. In addition, I don't know many people who were flat out rejected. Pitt was just ranked #1 PT school by U.S. News. If your stats aren't absolutely stellar, I wouldn't hold out much hope :/. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

I didn't apply to Pitt, but to build off of what @DPTFL2015 said about having stellar stats and Pitt being ranked #1 by US News (tied with 3 other schools), there is always hope - no matter how slim. Don't give up! I know it's tough being on the waitlist, I'm on the waitlist for a lot of schools myself.

However, to use myself as an example, I don't have the most amazing GPA, but I was offered admission to USC in the 2nd wave of offers in Feb 2016. I worked my butt off to do as well as I could on the GRE, accumulate an array of experience at various PT settings, write a solid essay (or essays if your school requires additional material) and hope and pray that your LORs are amazing.

It's not always a bad thing to take a year off. I hope it doesn't have to happen for you, but if it does, call to find out to see what you can improve on and use that year off to improve your application as much as you can. Same thing happened to me. When I applied the first time, I was either waitlisted or rejected from ALL of my schools. NO OFFERS! I got in touch with the schools and they gave me some great advice specifically for my application on how to make it better. A year later, I had a lot more offers, USC being one of them.

Make the most out of every opportunity, no matter if it's good or bad.

Hello again,

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I'm in the same boat. I am waitlisted at 5 schools, still need to hear back from 3-4 more..This really sucks! What do you all planning on doing if you don't get in this cycle?

Hey guys, I'm in the same boat. I am waitlisted at 5 schools, still need to hear back from 3-4 more..This really sucks! What do you all planning on doing if you don't get in this cycle?

If I don't receive any offers, I'm going to retake my GRE, continue my job in a Rehab Clinic I work in, and pick up research.

If I don't receive any offers, I'm going to retake my GRE, continue my job in a Rehab Clinic I work in, and pick up research.

Hey,

That sounds like a good idea! I'm hoping I get a job at the hospital as a PT aide, since I've already worked in outpatient and then retake the GREs as well. It's such a bummer to be waitlisted =/

I already work as an aide in outpatient so I will probably have to retake classes and then just continue to make money... ugh.

Do we ever find out what spot on the waitlist we have?

I have no idea, Pitt sort of puts students in the dark. I got wait-listed back in January and have not heard anything from them.

FYI I spoke to Pitt today and they said that the class is full... :(