Pitt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cappymo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the percentages breakdown for people accepted/waitlisted/rejected for Pitt? (i.e. is the waitlist huge, and few rejected--- or does waitlist status actually give you hope for admittance!)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello??? <echo echoo echooo>

I think no one really knows. I've been searching past threads trying to find more info, but no dice so far.

If anyone does have any information, I'd be very happy to know it, as I'm really hoping to get in off the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
cappymo said:
Does anyone know how the percentages breakdown for people accepted/waitlisted/rejected for Pitt? (i.e. is the waitlist huge, and few rejected--- or does waitlist status actually give you hope for admittance!)
Unless things have changed since I started at Pitt (I'm a third year), a lot of people in my class got in off the waitlist. I don't know what percentage of the waitlist gets in, but there will be quite a few people taken off.

Tanzo said:
Unless things have changed since I started at Pitt (I'm a third year), a lot of people in my class got in off the waitlist. I don't know what percentage of the waitlist gets in, but there will be quite a few people taken off.

Thanks for the info, Tanzo! I'm also on the waitlist, and knowing this makes it a little more bearable. :)

Here are the stats from 2002. I'm not sure how helpful this is for you all. Hang in there.

Fall 2002 Admissions Statistics
Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 4,281 847 417 146
In state: 685 172 87 43
Out of state: 3,596 675 330 103
Women: 2,072 409 213 59
Minorities: 1,482 276 133 48
International: 0 0 0 0

Acceptance rate: 9.7%

Wardens said:
Here are the stats from 2002. I'm not sure how helpful this is for you all. Hang in there.

and here is a portrait of a typical classmate:

pitt-1-sm.jpg

808premed said:
Thanks for the info, Tanzo! I'm also on the waitlist, and knowing this makes it a little more bearable. :)

From what i have heard there is a good deal of movement on the Pitt waitlist so just hang tight and cross your fingers. I have also heard that do really like to hear of your interest so mabye of LOI is not a bad idea. Anyways...i know i will be giving up my spot in the class so hopefully one of you gets its, best of luck

Revivaaaaaaaaaal! Any news lately?

Wardens said:

the crucial info for us waitlisters is how many waitlisted and how many taken off waitlist? are these stats available?

I just withdrew my acceptance to Pitt - I hope one of you SDNers gets the spot! Good luck guys - Pittsburgh is a great town! :luck: :)

Laelia said:
I just withdrew my acceptance to Pitt - I hope one of you SDNers gets the spot! Good luck guys - Pittsburgh is a great town! :luck: :)

Thank you Laelia! That gives us hope!

i withdrew from pitt yesterday too. it was hard to let it go; it's such a great place. i hope whoever gets my spot is really happy about it.

beep said:
i withdrew from pitt yesterday too. it was hard to let it go; it's such a great place. i hope whoever gets my spot is really happy about it.

I just withdrew from Pitt (such a hard decision!)....good luck to those on the waitlist! :luck: