Pitt's DPT Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slotbass49

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was recently accepted to Pitt with full intent on attending this summer. I researched Pitt early on when I made the decision to pursue an education in physical therapy and have heard nothing but good things from PT's who have worked with Pitt grads and I really like the Pittsburgh area (being from western PA). I am aware the cost of the program is not the cheapest, but I want to stay around my family and also my fiance will be starting Pitt's OTD program at the same time which couldn't have worked out any better!

I was just wondering if anybody has any experience/insight on the best sources to get loans/ financial assistance from? Also, are there any other recently accepted students planning on attending the PT preview day in February? Any advice/insight from current Pitt DPT students? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was in your shoes last year as a Pennsylvania resident with a preference for western PA. I visited a number of schools in the region and when the time came I went with Pitt because the cost difference wasn't large enough to outweigh some factors I disliked about the few lower cost in-state options. So far I've been happy with my choice, although every program has its weaknesses.

I'm a first year at Pitt now; I'd be happy to try and answer any specific questions you have about the program.