SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Discussion in 'Dental' started by Simplystressed, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Simplystressed

Simplystressed 2+ Year Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Current Pitt students lets hear your opinion of your school. i just got accepted off the waitlist!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Simplystressed

Simplystressed 2+ Year Member

Aug 20, 2007
    why no pitt talk on this forum?
  4. Quattro DMD

Quattro DMD 5+ Year Member

May 20, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    My dad is from Pittsburgh and I have always heard really great things about the PITT dental school. My aunt even gets her dental work done there. But congrats for getting in....thats a feat within itself.
  5. reapply2007

reapply2007 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 23, 2006
    After this week's series with the Yankees, Pittsburgh might deserve a special place in my heart.
  6. prplmnky52

prplmnky52 2+ Year Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Congrats! too bad you got accepted so late, you missed all the fun at pre-orientation. you didn't miss much important tho...just friendship
    but seriously, i love pitt. it's all year round, so less credit hours/semester=lots easier on the stress lvls than a school that packs on the classes. It is VERY managable. so, dont worry about school...just worry about getting a place to live and stuff. are you looking yet? married, single? pm me if you want more info
  7. ttom

ttom 2+ Year Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Congrats!!! Sorry I'm not a Pitt student, just wanna say Gratz! :)
  8. Neuro178

Neuro178 2+ Year Member

Feb 24, 2008
    I'm not a Pitt student, but I shadowed at Pitt dental school a few years ago for a day, and two of the d-students there said that it wasn't too bad. (Obviously different people are going to have different opinions. I would think d-school would be hard!) They both went to Carnegie Mellon for undergrad, if that helps.

Pitt is one of my top choices... a lot of my area's dentists went there and loved it! Have fun at Pitt and congrats!
  9. Lurchdubious

Lurchdubious the Homeless Ninja 7+ Year Member

Mar 24, 2007
    Pitt is a great school man. i have 3 friends there and they love it. they were the first school to accept me & i deposited ("donated") there, but later interviewed at VCU and decided it was a better fit for me.
    but yes, 2 of my buddies are going into their 3rd year at Pitt and they love it. one of them is 2nd in his class, planning on going into oral surgery. it's a really good school, congrats!
  10. DentalDriven

DentalDriven 2+ Year Member

Dec 12, 2007
  11. Lurchdubious

Lurchdubious the Homeless Ninja 7+ Year Member

Mar 24, 2007
    PM replied, tho I forgot to discuss competition at Pitt: I'm sure it depends on the class and the individuals in that class. Pitt has a ranking system, so students know roughly where they stand within the class. I'm sure that could work to foster competition or in some cases eliminate it, just depends on the people.

good luck!
  12. toothyanky

Jun 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You will like the city and the school is great. Pittsburgh was my top choice.