Places open for indoor seating in MD (OC) or DE (bethany)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArteryStudyPainting

Artery: The study of painting
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

This is going to sound ridiculous. I'm so sorry.

I very badly want to study away from home right now, just so I can focus for a hot second.

I've been looking around the eastern shore in MD and DE, for somewhere that has open indoor seating, even with COVID. I've had no luck. What I'm seeing is a lot of "no seating", as a blanket statement, from the leadership for places like Dunkin and Starbucks.

Anybody know any chains or places that don't fit that mold? DE and MD are both in a further phase of opening, so while it's not business as usual, some local places are open, some not, etc. Hard to know until I can call. Until then, SDN do your thing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there,

I very badly want to study away from home right now, just so I can focus for a hot second.

I've been looking around the eastern shore in MD and DE, for somewhere that has open indoor seating, even with COVID. I've had no luck. What I'm seeing is a lot of "no seating", as a blanket statement, from the leadership for places like Dunkin and Starbucks.

Anybody know any chains or places that don't fit that mold? DE and MD are both in a further phase of opening, so while it's not business as usual, some local places are open, some not, etc. Hard to know until I can call. Until then, SDN do your thing?
i have no information for you, but i just want to say how sorry i am about your position. TIll your post i did not even think about it, - i always preferred studying at home, but now i understand that there must be so many people for whom inability to leave the house to study adds an additional level of stress. thank you for sharing.
and no, this is NOT ridiculous.

No problem ^^^ Thanks! It's a weird situation, I came down for a getaway in order to study, but I have a practice test scheduled, and for that, I want the ultimate "stay away form me and let me do my thing" and it wouldn't be fair to those around me currently to make them tiptoe around their own house. At least a coffee shop has something white-noise esq with its distractions and headphones on.

Members don't see this ad :)
No problem ^^^ Thanks! It's a weird situation, I came down for a getaway in order to study, but I have a practice test scheduled, and for that, I want the ultimate "stay away form me and let me do my thing" and it wouldn't be fair to those around me currently to make them tiptoe around their own house. At least a coffee shop has something white-noise esq with its distractions and headphones on.
have you considered parks with tables? i know it is not perfect, but i saw someone today studying outside, in a park, near the pond. She put a blanket on the grass in the shade, had a drink there, snacks, a pretty nice layout of notes, and a laptop that was tethering from a cell phone from the looks of it.

If youre in OCMD or Bethany Beach, always a blanket and a nice spot on the beach. I’d enjoy that.

Hi there,

Airports?

Malls?

Can you study in your backyard?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you in OCMD or Bethany, The beach is always an option. If you can wait until things open, resteraunts on the boardwalk with outdoor seating is another potential option. As long as you ordering food i dont think they'd kick you. Drink a Mimosa take the edge off and get some productive studying :]