places to live in DC for an SMPer

Started by camisho
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

camisho

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know decent places to live in DC or Northern Virginia (Rosslyn, Alexandria) with metro stops where I can pay less than $800 a month (preferably closer to $600-$700)? Thanks...I'll be doing the Georgetown SMP next year and could use some advice!
 
camisho said:
Anyone know decent places to live in DC or Northern Virginia (Rosslyn, Alexandria) with metro stops where I can pay less than $800 a month (preferably closer to $600-$700)? Thanks...I'll be doing the Georgetown SMP next year and could use some advice!

Lincoln Towers in Ballston is the only affordable one there if you get a 2br or 3br. I suggest you get off the metro there and walk around to the various apts.

I pay 867/mo for a room w/ bath in a 3br with parking and all utilities included. My apt is called Richmond Square. Very nice complex.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't forget Maryland too. You can get an apartment in Hyattsville, Chillum, Silver Spring, or College Park which are close to the metro, and get to GU in no more than 30 minutes. I've seen prpcies ranging frrom 500-800 in these areas.
 
How about somewhere that is walking distance to G-town. I'm looking around 1-1.4k per month. BTW, I'm not rich, I plan on sharing the place with a friend. No matter how small it is, I'm sure it can't be worse than the UCLA dorms.
 
When does your program start. I will be moving out of my apartment in august for med school. I live in kensington, MD. Its about 15 minutes away from NW DC.
 
Smile80 said:
When does your program start. I will be moving out of my apartment in august for med school. I live in kensington, MD. Its about 15 minutes away from NW DC.

The program starts on August 16 but there is an orientation on August 12 and 13.