Places to stay around UCLA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GmailQueen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm heading to UCLA in Jan and I don't really know the area well. Any tips for finding a (cheap) place to stay? I'm guessing the cost of hotel + cabs to and from the airport (and to and from the hotel) is going to be hefty, and I'm quickly going broke. They also offered a resident host, which I'm considering... has anyone stayed with a resident there?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm heading to UCLA in Jan and I don't really know the area well. Any tips for finding a (cheap) place to stay? I'm guessing the cost of hotel + cabs to and from the airport (and to and from the hotel) is going to be hefty, and I'm quickly going broke. They also offered a resident host, which I'm considering... has anyone stayed with a resident there?

http://www.data.cho.ucla.edu/cfapps/mainpublic.cfm try the sublet section or else post an ad of your own on there.

Also, if by "heading to UCLA" you mean the main campus area, then Westwood is the neighborhood surrounding the campus and ideal as far as shopping, restaurants, and being on foot in general. Otherwise, any area accessible by the "Blue Bus" will be ideal for anyone not driving or for easier parking outside of Westwood.

i stayed at hotel angeleno when i interviewed at ucla. i wouldn't say it was cheap, but was very convenient and they provided courtesy shuttles anywhere locally. it's close to the getty museum if you need to kill a few hours. and the restaurant on top had great drink specials. i enjoyed my stay.

I used priceline, bidding for hotels in Santa Monica and Westwood. I wound up at the Doubletree in Santa Monica for $50. I took a cab to the interview but discovered there's a bus that goes directly from Santa Monica to UCLA that's really easy to take, so I did that for the trip home.