Places to stay in Louisville, KY?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

07doc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am doing a 4th year rotation in Louisville soon, and I was wondering if anyone knew where a good place to stay would be? I'll only be there for 2 weeks, and the Med-Dental student dorm is an option (scarry option?) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am not at all familiar with Louisville or the area. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

07doc said:
Hi, I am doing a 4th year rotation in Louisville soon, and I was wondering if anyone knew where a good place to stay would be? I'll only be there for 2 weeks, and the Med-Dental student dorm is an option (scarry option?) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am not at all familiar with Louisville or the area. Thanks! :)

Well, I don't have any info about a place to stay, but I am thinking that the dorm option might be the cheapest and least complicated.

I lived there for 6 years until last year, and all i can say is it's really humid there in summer until late september/early october. There's nothing much to see in the town, but the fourth street (downtown) has a lot of restaurants, shopping malls...etc. And it's really close to the uofl schools of medicine too

I did research two summers ago at U of L and stayed in the Medical-Dental dorms. It may not be bad for only two weeks, but it was horrible for an entire summer. While the location is convenient to the hospital, it is not in the best neighborhood. The dorm itself is very secure, but almost annoyingly so (must have a different key to get in the front door, stairs, and your room!!). The kitchen area (only on the 1st floor) was pretty shabby, too. That said it is convenient and cheap. Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with the area to suggest alternatives. good luck!