Plan for Final Week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Gerrard

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking this July 31st, next Friday.

I just finished AAMC 10, and was very satisfied.

I have done well enough on all of the exams, but have been fluctuating a lot. I don't know what to do now.

AAMC3 --- 29, 10/9/10
AAMC4 --- 36, 13/11/12
AAMC5R --- 34, 13/10/11
AAMC6 --- 41, 13/14/14
AAMC7 --- 38, 13/11/14
AAMC8 --- 34, 12/10/12
AAMC9 --- 37, 14/10/13
AAMC10 --- 38, 14/11/13

I think AAMC 3 can basically be thrown out, I did it first without finishing content review.

I have been doing well, but I am still afraid that it was largely due to luck, because of some of the lower scores I have gotten, and because of my scores on some of the Kaplan material.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure what to tell you to do in the last week, but I will say that the "dips" in your scores are pretty much on the same tests everyone dips in -- 5 and 8. I wouldn't worry about it too much, and I'd be really confident going into the exam w/ those scores, and you should too. Confidence is key :D

I would hardly call a 34 a low score. Looks like you're in pretty good shape to me... your average is nearly a 37. Like the above person said, with those scores you should be confident.

Well it's really up to you. You can decide that you are confident in the months and hours you spent studying the material including the amazing scores you got or you can say that all that preparation was luck and not go in confidence and end up scoring lower than a 34. At your stage it's just a matter of you going in and treating it like just another practice test and you will position yourself to get the best possible score you can get.

Hope this helped,

-LIS

Members don't see this ad :)
My plan for the last week is mainly to review everything one more time. I am going to go through the EK books and make sure I know every bold word and what it means. Review equations. Listen to AO as I drive. Read chapter summaries of my textbooks. I am taking AAMC 10 this weekend. I am also going to read more sample writing sections from e-mcat.com. If I have any more time, I will keep doing practice problems.

Good luck!
Remember to be well rested for the test!

Thanks guys.

I guess I am going to do some WS.

And then I will go over some of my iffy topics.

Do not think I will do any more problems. Sound like a bad idea?

Dude relax! Your mark is not going to go down in 5 days. I would just take it light. But you don't seem like a person to take it light.

Last edited: