“Plan to Enroll” question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phttp

Reaction score
So, first my situation: I have been accepted to one school, School A, and am on the waitlists for several others. I have seen mentioned that at this point school A can see whether I am PTE at their school and schools i am an alternate at can see that I have PTE at another school. Just out of curiosity, did I need to put PTE for school A to ensure to not have my acceptance rescinded (I have read that other schools that have accepted you could likely rescind your acceptance upon seeing that you are PTE at another school but have not seen it specified that simply not being PTE at a school would cause them to rescind your acceptance of that is the only one you were accepted at)?

Additionally, is the fact that I am PTE at school A, are any of the WL schools less likely to offer me a position as they do not know if I would come to their school if given an offer? (Side note: these schools specifically stated not to send LOIs)

Members don't see this ad.

So, first my situation: I have been accepted to one school, School A, and am on the waitlists for several others. I have seen mentioned that at this point school A can see whether I am PTE at their school and schools i am an alternate at can see that I have PTE at another school. Just out of curiosity, did I need to put PTE for school A to ensure to not have my acceptance rescinded.

(I have read that other schools that have accepted you could likely rescind your acceptance upon seeing that you are PTE at another school but have not seen it specified that simply not being PTE at a school would cause them to rescind your acceptance of that is the only one you were accepted at)?

Yes you should PTE to school A immediately so school A doesnt rescind your acceptance
Additionally, is the fact that I am PTE at school A, are any of the WL schools less likely to offer me a position as they do not know if I would come to their school if given an offer? (Side note: these schools specifically stated not to send LOIs)

I would say that If other schools want you, they will offer you an acceptance regardless of PTE (because that is not the commit to enroll option)

Yes you should PTE to school A immediately so school A doesnt rescind your acceptance

I would say that If other schools want you, they will offer you an acceptance regardless of PTE (because that is not the commit to enroll option)

Thank you, this is what I thought. It was a question that came up while talking with other friends heading to school this year so thought I may as well ask it here