1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Plane flights and money

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Scooby Doo, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

Okay..I think I and the rest of us are keeping airlines in business these days. I have spent wayyyyy too much money on these flights...How much have you guys spent total on airfare so far? I don't even really want to begin to calculate it...I was keeping track of everything up till about a month ago..then I got really depressed about all the money going into this and decided to stop...

I get to get up around 230am tomorrow to catch my flight...lots of fun for scooby...connections up the wazzoo at an expensive price :(
    I have yet to see these suppossed good deals out there right now!
    I am not even gonna be able to go home for thanksgiving or christmas b/c of lack of funds now! It sucks! I actually am going home right after thanksgiving...but get this, it's only so I can go to an interview...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

How do people taking classes deal with all the missed time? I'm a late submitter, so I'll probably have to deal with it next quarter (if I'm lucky!!!).

4. Rhiana

Rhiana Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Finacially this is killing me. I'm trying to do this all on a substitute teachers salary. I took out a personal loan just to get my secondarys done, which just went through so know I'm rushing to be done. Everything else is just getting and then maxing out credit cards.
    I don't know how they expect people to afford this process. It's a joke that anyone can afford to apply. Uhhggg... I don't even want to think about it anymore :(

5. dlc

dlc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

This is definitely hurting me. I have an interview at SLU in 2 weeks and before today I could only find flight fares for around $700.00! I was seriously about to cancel my interview because I just don't want to pay that much (fortunately I have had other interviews so I wasn't really worried). But finally, today, I found a ticket for $300.00, I just have to spend 2 days in St. Louis, but my interview runs into my Thanksgiving vacation so I won't be missed at work. Normally, I can get really good fairs through airtran.com but they don't have any flights that go to St. Louis, and it is waaayyyy to far for me to drive!
    dlc :p

6. andrea

10+ Year Member

Yeah, I've spent at least $2,000 on interview trips. Let's just say that I'm not going out to eat or shopping in great quantities anymore! It makes me feel better if I pretend that they were all mini-vacations that I had the luxury to take, like I do this sort of thing all the time. Visa is becoming my best friend. :) Hang in there, everyone.

7. DJ W.R.

DJ W.R. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Check out BestFares.com When you sign up as a member they give you access to really cheap fares...you can view them as a non-member but you can't purchase them until you sign up ($65). My flights from San Francisco to New York and Boston were $180 total each! My flight to Philadelphia from San Francisco was $215 total! You have to check each day 'cause new deals pop up frequently...they are also really good for last minute flights...

8. Olsen

Olsen Member
    7+ Year Member

Orbtiz.com Orbitz.com Orbitz.com

I have flown round trip from BWI to San Diego 3 times in the past 2 months for $130 (that includes tax etc....). It is a fantastic site!