Planned course work on AADSAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predentalgirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Might be the stupidest question ever.

But are we required to take the planned coursework that we stated on AADSAS?

I mean, if I change the classes around, I will still be getting my double major, and minor, regardless. So it won't be a big deal.
(Some of the classes aren't even being offered next semester).

Or does this depend school-to-school?

I did email the director of admissions, but I was wondering if anyone else knew about this?

Members don't see this ad.

I highly doubt it will matter. I'm sure many people are in the same boat as you and will find out that they need to switch up their class schedule anyways. As long as you have your pre-requisite classes, you're good to go!

Might be the stupidest question ever.

But are we required to take the planned coursework that we stated on AADSAS?

I mean, if I change the classes around, I will still be getting my double major, and minor, regardless. So it won't be a big deal.
(Some of the classes aren't even being offered next semester).

Or does this depend school-to-school?

I did email the director of admissions, but I was wondering if anyone else knew about this?

In my opinion, as long as the planned coursework are not prerequisites, and you will still graduate with your degree, you are fine. I dropped a few science courses that are not prerequisites, changed some of my spring 2014 courses, and told the dean after getting accepted, and she said it was fine.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much, I think that should be the case for most schools (at least I am hoping so!)

I would call the school just to be certain. I know UofL specifically states in their conditional acceptance letter that all classes under planned coursework must be completed and ANY changes must be approved. I was in a situation that the classes I included were pre reqs for schools I am now declining their admission offers. UofL has a separate board that meets and makes a decision on a case by case basis, luckily they approved my request.

Reactions: 1 user
@BlueDevil2012 Thanks for letting me know. I will make sure that any changes I make to the planned courses are approved!

The planned coursework are not a binding contract. I contacted my school and they didn't care either.