planned coursework?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olive6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all- i'm applying in june and have a question regarding the planned coursework section on the application:

I only have 2 required pre-dent classes left to take next year (biochem 1 and 2) and an ecology+lab course for my major requirements. The rest of my schedule is totally flexible, and I plan on just filling it up with whatever upper level bios look interesting/useful, but I don't necessarily know what will be offered next year or which quarter it will be offered in.

Basically, I want to know if I have to fill in a full-year's worth of planned courses, or can I just put down the few classes I know for sure that I will be taking and leave the rest to be determined? I feel that giving them a full schedule will be more trouble than it's worth in the end, because it's almost guaranteed that the classes will get scrambled up or switched out for others!

ugh...i hate quarter systems...

Members don't see this ad.

I changed my planned courses during the academic update (mind you, I only changed two) and schools didn't throw my acceptances in the can for it. You'll be okay. As long as those biochem courses are still there, I doubt the schools really mind.

I don't think they care as long as your requirements/prerequisites are filled. The rest of the classes are just extra.