Planning of Dental education

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abhiksha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am from India & interested in a dental career. I am giving my PUC exam this year. I would like guidance from seniors about chalking out a path for dental education. Broadly the expectations are- Quality education & education valid worldwide. I have read the views of seniors that if you want to settle in US, do DDS from US. But since it requires a 3-4 year college education, why not do a BDS from India & then try for advanced standing or regular DDS thereafter ? After BDS if you decide not to go for US, then you can always do MDS from here in India. Could you please list the Indian dental college rankings ?I personally feel that if you can get admission in Govt dental colleges like Nair or JJ it is much more preferrable than any private college . Am I write or wrong ? I am really confused over this issue.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi no seniors there to help a junior buddy ?

This is the last time I shall be bouncing this thread expecting some response. Does the editor give some comments for threads which do not fetch any response ?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi there......

well guess doning dds after bds is almost like doin mds after bds only diff is dds is considerd much more superior then mds
but competion has incresead in dentistry too
if u plan to leave india later in life then bds degree not much value in west but if plan to stay in india then mds is the only option.............

dds is 2 yrs or 3 yrs depending on the university after doin bds but u will hav to clear the NB's

govt cols r the best but u will hav to get a good rank too
private cols r not so bad u get lot of exposure to various types of cases n all i did my bds from pvt. col only....

anyways if u need to kw anything else or if i can help u out in anyway let me kw
u still in puc so don worry
good luck

Nice to read a reply. Can somebody provide a list for private dental college rankings in India ? Here everybody is saying his/her dental college is the best-- be it Manipal, Bapuji in Davangere, or SDM Dharwad... What is the real situation ?

If you plan on coming and doing a dds degree here it doesnt make any difference which dental school you graduate from in India. Thats just my opinion.

I have done my BDS program from India...and I am already here in USA on Visitors visa, planning to take my NBDE part 1 in the month of sep 07'...
Need information on which site do I look up for DDS program....I want to finish my DDS in minimum number of years...also please advice on what would be my next steps for my application..

Thanks,

hi there......

well guess doning dds after bds is almost like doin mds after bds only diff is dds is considerd much more superior then mds
but competion has incresead in dentistry too
if u plan to leave india later in life then bds degree not much value in west but if plan to stay in india then mds is the only option.............

dds is 2 yrs or 3 yrs depending on the university after doin bds but u will hav to clear the NB's

govt cols r the best but u will hav to get a good rank too
private cols r not so bad u get lot of exposure to various types of cases n all i did my bds from pvt. col only....

anyways if u need to kw anything else or if i can help u out in anyway let me kw
u still in puc so don worry
good luck

I have done my BDS program from India...and I am already here in USA on Visitors visa, planning to take my NBDE part 1 in the month of sep 07'...
Need information on which site do I look up for DDS program....I want to finish my DDS in minimum number of years...also please advice on what would be my next steps for my application..

Thanks,

Hey buddy,

Currently I am in India and would be done with my internship by this Aug 1st week. I already have H4 visa & TOFEL. Looking to work on NBDE exams. please share your plans.

Thanks

Hi. Hi, if you are intrested in knowing more about an International Dental Studies in Mexico and Finanacial package for this, please just send me an emial to cyruss80@gmail Thank you, Cyrus

Thanks,
DO U REALLY THINK THAT DOING BDS FROM INDIA IS NOT A MISTAKE EVEN IF U WANT TO WORK ABROAD.WILL MDS OR DDS HELP U TO FETCH A NICE JOB ABROAD

DO U REALLY THINK THAT DOING BDS FROM INDIA IS NOT A MISTAKE EVEN IF U WANT TO WORK ABROAD.WILL MDS OR DDS HELP U TO FETCH A NICE JOB ABROAD

there is no guarantee that either mds or dds will fetch u a nice job abroad... u just have to good at what u do

if by abroad u mean usa.... dds is a must... u have to do it to work on patients. indian degrees are not recognized there. so if u want to settle there.. might as well consider dds