Plans for after undergrad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SJpredent_01

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a third year undergrad at UCI and I have NO idea what to do after I graduate. I want to pursue a career in pre-health but I don't know what field to go into. I have a 2.7 gpa and I am on currently working hard to continue my upward trend in my grades. It would be great if I could get some advice on how to proceed?

Members don't see this ad.

This would probably get more attention in the Pre-Allo or Pre-DO section. I suggest you do some internet research and shadowing to determine which health care profession you enjoy, if any at all. An upward trend is great, but do you have many Cs or any Ds and below? If so, I would suggest looking at some retakes and applying DO as they allow grade replacement. You may be able to reach above 3.0 in the years you have left, which will keep you from getting screened out at most places, but not necessarily make you competitive GPA wise. As for other healthcare career options, I am not well researched so I will not comment.