Plant embriology on DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaedb

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having an extraordinarily hard time understanding all the plant life cycles that are discussed in depth in Cliffs AP & Feralis Notes. Does anybody know the likelihood of being tested on this material? I really hate plant biology.

Members don't see this ad.

Can you describe more specifically what you're referring to when you mention 'plant embryology'?
As for 'plant life cycles' the only thing that comes to me right now is the alternation of generations. If you need help on that, I can give it a shot.

I'm having an extraordinarily hard time understanding all the plant life cycles that are discussed in depth in Cliffs AP & Feralis Notes. Does anybody know the likelihood of being tested on this material? I really hate plant biology.

Thank me later, and don't give up. I always find myself saying "Well I doubt this is going to be on my test", but you never know. It is an extremely toxic way of thinking. Keep pushing hard and learn everything you can. Keep telling yourself this is NOT going to be easy. These may be your darkest days, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel

Reactions: 3 users
By embriology, I mean the various life cycles of bryophytes compared to vascular/seed plants, as well as the various life cycles of fungi, etc... Alternation of generations is good for understanding Angiosperms... which is obviously important, but Cliffs AP Bio goes way more in depth, and it hurts my head lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Def know bryophytes are the only ones that have a dominate life form as gamatophytes (if I didn't spell this word wrong) because bryophytes are the pariah of plants .Everything else is dominate as sporophytes. Also know the specific examples of each category, ie bryophytes include liverworts, hornworts and moss.

By embriology, I mean the various life cycles of bryophytes compared to vascular/seed plants, as well as the various life cycles of fungi, etc... Alternation of generations is good for understanding Angiosperms... which is obviously important, but Cliffs AP Bio goes way more in depth, and it hurts my head lol.
I linked a playlist not just one video. You will find what you are looking for there

Hey I have a question on this too...should I learn the stuff like epicotyl and the other part of a plan embryo? Is that stuff low yield on the DAT?

Thanks!