Plasmodium catherium pathology in birds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balantidiumcoli

010010000110010101101100011011000110111100100001
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could give me a hand. I'm working on an assignment for a course on parasites and I was hoping someone here could tell me what sort of pathology I would expect to find in a Plasmodium infection in birds. I've been looking through google but haven't had much luck. Would it be akin to Plasmodium infection in humans or are there other symptoms I should note?
 
Someone is going to close this citing something about 'homework', but since I just covered avian for NAVLE...

Plasmodium catherium

You sure that is the right name and spelling?!?!?

You sure you don't mean, 'Plasmodium relictum', if so, there have to be 2,000 journal articles about it... right from Google.

P.S. If you do mean catherium (which I never heard of) than I apologize for my snarkyness
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you better recheck your assignment, as I can't imagine why anyone would do a project of cathemerium. It appears to be of little significance other then it is genotypically related to relictum.
 
I think you better recheck your assignment, as I can't imagine why anyone would do a project of cathemerium. It appears to be of little significance other then it is genotypically related to relictum.

It's not a project on only that parasite. I'm essentially doing a cross comparison of different apicomplexa.

It's essentially a culmination of a comparison of a bunch of different parasites I've been studying in the lab this semester. In this guys case I'm doing a cross comparison with Haemogregarina stepanowi, P. vivax, P. malariae and P. falciparum

Pathology is one of the things that is being compared.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.