Please advise: Honors Undergrad or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ivana Snoday

Just keep swimming...
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a HS student and would appreciate your observation regarding doing Honors Program work during BSPS undergrad. I've gotten conflicting information.

At a 0-6 Pharmacy College the Dean implied that the curriculum was tough enough and not to worry about adding to the pressure by participating in the honors program.

However, if I do my undergrad elsewhere, such as OSU's 4+4 program, -would the same be true? Some say the perks aren't worth the extra pressure and may risk GPA. OTH, I worry that passing up the opportunity might be a mistake.

How many of those admitted to your COP participated in Honors Program during their undergrad? What is your recommendation?
 
Stop freaking out. It doesn't matter what you pick. Doing a "regular" program versus an "honors" program--it doesn't matter, its all the same. If you want to apply to a college of pharmacy later on, simply get good grades.

Its up to you. If you feel like its a good opportunity, then go with your feeling and do it. If you want to sit back, and not take an extra class or two, then sit back and chill. I chose not to be in the honors program. The only difference in my school for honors was taking a couple extra classes. I didn't do it.

And if you're in high school right now, thinking about pharmacy as a career, good luck. There are going to be no jobs by the time you graduate. People who are graduating this year are having tough times finding jobs around New York and New Jersey.