please answer qs from part 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

godbless

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1)porcelin veeners hav what advantage over composite veneers?
2)2%lidocaine solution with epinephrine as 1:100,000 has what mg of epinephrine in it?
3)depleting developer with have what effect on radiograph?
4)at how many months in utero does lamina dura start developing?
5)if you cant do surgery in a patient with a cyst, what iwll u do? marpuplisation,enucleation, some other 2 options
6)asthma patients cant take what medicines?
7)periodontitis is more prevalent in -hispanics,caucasians,aferican origin or asian?
8)which one of these is less prevalent in modern ages?caries,periodontitis,oral cancer
9)which of the foll is not stress related?anug,early childhood caries, periodontitis?
10)which fracture could cause choking?angle of the mandible, bilateral # fo the body of the mandible, condyle?
11) in ANUG what medicine is given?tetracycline or metronidazole?and is there any bone less in anug?
12)

Members don't see this ad.

Here by I am trying to answer so of the questions.
PROCELINE are preferred beocz of good esthetics and availability of shades[/B]

2)2%lidocaine solution with epinephrine as 1:100,000 has what mg of epinephrine in it?
1;1,00,000 = 1000mg – 1,00,000
1mg – 100ml

1.8ml has 1.8/ 100 = 0.018 mg of epinephrine ( each cartilage has 1.8ml of solution)

5)if you cant do surgery in a patient with a cyst, what iwll u do? marpuplisation,enucleation, some other 2 options marsuplistion ( I think )
6)asthma patients cant take what medicines? NSAID BECOZ THEY COZ BRONCHOSPASM
7)periodontitis is more prevalent in -hispanics,caucasians,aferican origin or asian?
8)which one of these is less prevalent in modern ages?caries,periodontitis,oral cancer
9)which of the foll is not stress related?anug,early childhood caries, periodontitis?
10)which fracture could cause choking?angle of the mandible, bilateral # fo the body of the mandible, condyle? BECOZ THIS CAUSES DROP OF TONGUE
11) in ANUG what medicine is given?tetracycline or metronidazole?and is there any bone less in anug?
NO BONELOSS OCCURS IN GINGIVITIS AND ACUTE DISEASES.

metronidizole is preferrred in ANUG

Members don't see this ad :)
for2)isnt it .036 ml.........coz itis 2%
and for 10) will it not be angle of the mandible, coz it is closer to the oropharynx ?how will mandible boday # affect the oropharynx??

12)green and orange stain on teeth are due to what?
13)what dosage of amox with you give to a child to premedicate, who weighs 44 lbs??1 gm 1 hr before?2gm 1 hr before?.5 gm, 1gm 1 hr after??
14)sickle cell anemia patients cant have aspirin?
15)what will be there when a patient has an abcess?neutropenia, neutrphilia, leukephilia,lymphodema,
16)a pic showing big patches in the skull, patient has pain in back n mandible?what lesion?pagets ds, osteoma, .....
17)what is the distinguishing feature of cherubism?bilateral mandibular expansion?early onset in childhood?.....
18)most common occurence of melanoma in oral cavity?
19)radiographic pic of melanotic melanoma?
20)giant cell granuloma is common in what disease?
21)dentigerous cyst/primordial cyst
22)treatment of actinomycosis?
23)diff bet lesions of apthous/herpetic lesions?
24)what is black tongue?
25)geographic tongue?
26)smokeless tobacoo with cause which cancer?verrucous ?
27)does it matter if the probing instrument is metal/plastic?will it affect readings?
28)root paling is done from where to where?mucogingival junction to base of pocket? juntional epithelium n base of pocket?
29)inflamed pocket will contain plasma cells?
30)HOW TO DISTINGUISH BET. INFECTED DENTIN AND AFFECTED DENTIN USING A DYE, STAINS FROM WHERE TO WHERE?
31)what treatment is best advised to somnoe with juvenile periodontitis?change in oral hygiene habits and diet,chorhexidine mouthwash,scaling n root planing?
32)what is the PRIMARY concern of the dentist to treat patient with dry socket? helping with the pain, getting a new blood clot?

friends
every time we get couple of q,s on LA,S hope this will help in understanding and remembring LA concentrations.

Concentrations: Drug concentration is expressed as a percentage (eg, bupivacaine 0.25%, lidocaine 1%).
Percentage is measured in grams per 100 mL (ie, 1% is 1 g/100 mL [1000 mg/100 mL], or 10 mg/mL).

Calculate the mg/mL concentration quickly from the percentage by moving the decimal point 1 place to the right, as follows:

Bupivacaine 0.25% = 2.5 mg/mL

Tetracaine 0.5% = 5 mg/mL

Lidocaine 1% = 10 mg/mL

Viscous lidocaine 2% = 20 mg/mL

Benzocaine 20% = 200 mg/mL

Dilutions: When epinephrine is combined in an anesthetic solution, the result is expressed as a dilution (eg, 1:100,000).

1:1,000 means 1 mg per 1 mL (ie, 0.1% )

1:10,000 means 1 mg per 10 mL (ie, 0.01%)

1:2,000 means 1 mg per 2 mL (ie, 0.05%)

1:20,000 means 1 mg per 20 mL (ie, 0.005%)

0.1 mL of 1:1000 epinephrine added to 10 mL of anesthetic solution = 1:100,000 dilution, or 0.01 mg/mL

Epinephrine content examples: From the information provided in the table below, 50 mL of 1% lidocaine with epinephrine 1:100,000 contains 500 mg of lidocaine and 0.5 mg of epinephrine.

Solution Volume 1:100,000
(1 mg/100 mL) 1:200,000
(1 mg/200 mL)
1 mL 0.01 mg 0.005 mg
5 mL 0.05 mg 0.025 mg
10 mL 0.1 mg 0.05 mg
20 mL 0.2 mg 0.1 mg

-kapark:)

Here is what I think:

1. Porcelain = Aesthetics
2. 0.01 (1:100,000mg/ml) x 1.8ml/carp = 0.018 mg epi (I always mess this one up on exams. I hope I got it right this time).
3. Loss in contrast (faded image)
4. No idea (4-6 weeks?)
5. Marsupilization
6. Beta -2- antagonists = bronchoconstriction. Beta blockers are generally high blood pressure meds, which non-selectively block Beta -1&2- receptors, therefore reducing blood pressure. On the other hand, Beta -2- agonists (short and long acting) are the preferred meds used in Asthmatic pts, ie; Albuterol.
7. Not sure (my guess would be caucasian)
8. Oral Cancer (although it is somewhat common, I would not compare it to the incidences of Childhood caries or periodontitis).
9. ECC
10. Not quite sure. I would go with bilateral.
11. No bone loss. Once there is bone/attachment loss, then it is automatically diagnosed/categorized as periodontitis.
Why would you give any antibiotics to start with, unless there were signs of systemic invlovment - fever, malaise, ... If that were the situation, then I agree that the use of Metro is the right choice, just to overcome the acute phase. I think debridment, chlorhexidine rinse (peridex) and home care should be sufficient along with elimination of triggering factors - stress, vitamin deficiency, ...
If it were ANUP, then that's a different story.

Good Luck

5)if you cant do surgery in a patient with a cyst, what iwll u do? marpuplisation,enucleation, some other 2 options
6)asthma patients cant take what medicines?
10)which fracture could cause choking?angle of the mandible, bilateral # fo the body of the mandible, condyle?
12)