Please chance for BSMD and Ivies

Started by viv94
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

viv94

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please chance for BSMD and Ivies:

GPA
Unweighted: 4.0
Weighted: 4.7
Class Rank: 1/540

SAT:
(1st): CR 740, W 800, M 800, Total 2340
(2nd): CR 800, W 760, M 800, Total 2360
Superscore: 2400

SAT2:
Math level 2: 800
Biology: 800
Chem: 770


APs:
Calculus AB (5), Biology (5), US history (5), English (5)
Senior APs: English Lit, Physics, Calculus BC, Microecon

ECs:
Founder & VP of a club that helps lending funds to entrepreneurs in third world countries.
Intern at Stanford Institute of Medicine Summer Research Program (SIMR ) 2011,
one of 58 accepted out of 1200 applicants.

Voluntary works:
200+ hrs at local hospital
100+ hrs at Sacred Heart Community Service
Founder & President of a community service club.
Church activities...

Awards:
NMSF, PSAT=229
AP Scholar with Honor

Recommendations:
1. Bio Teacher: best student of last 10 yrs
2. Extra rec from SIMR lab mentor: his comments: "exceptional, one of the best students he has known..."

Ethnicity: Asian (Vietnamese)
Gender: Female

Applying for:
BS/MD: UCSD, Rice/Baylor, NU HPME, Case PPSP, Brown PLME
Ivies: HYPC, Stanford, UCB, UCLA
 
Last edited:
Well bro. I'm just a high school student like yourself. but when you have a 98% SAT, 5's on all AP's. Recommendations like that, a literally perfect GPA, and all that service:

you can get into whatever the heck you want. I don't know much about BSMD, but if I were you, I'd go into the best private school in the country with a full tuition like the Bill Gates scholars and continue doing a great job in college. You get scores like that in college, you're set at any Med school if you get your MCAT right.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see that you didn't build an orphanage in Africa. I'm assuming you're doing that over Christmas, so once you get that done, you should be within reach/match range.
 
I really wouldn't worry about your chances. BTW, admissions into Ivies is really is dumb luck sometimes. I had even higher numbers than you with tons of ECs in HS and didn't get into some Ivies, while other friends with markedly lower qualifications did. I also think I had a particularly rough year for college applicants in general (class of 2008)